Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In Recovery


I had wanted to update much sooner than this, but I got really sick over the weekend.  I agreed to have lunch with my parents at a Chinese buffet on Saturday afternoon.  Worst Idea, EVAR!  Guess who got the norovirus?  That's right, me!  I haven't been sick like that since my 2nd year at UVa.  I could only move so that I could get to the bathroom.  It was kind of good that I got it down at my parent's house because I wouldn't have been able to get out of bed to let Rikku out.  Thankfully, they were able to take care of her and Jeter while I stayed in bed all day.  I wound up being out of work on Monday and I'm still really really wiped after two days.  So wiped, I had to ask my friend Stacey to postpone her visit to another weekend.  I was so sick I couldn't even knit!  FEH! 


Another good thing about being at my parents' house was that they have the YES Network, so I was able to  catch a spring training game.  I wasn't the only one looking forward to it.  As soon as the game came on, Jeter took up his normal TV watching seat and was quickly sucked in.  Here he is taking advice from Joe Girardi.




On my way home Monday afternoon, I was able to swing by fibre space and pick up the first kit for the Fibre Girl Club.  This month was Alice in Wonderland themed (shocker) with the pattern "Jabberwocky" by Tanis Gray, Alice in Wonderland stitch markers by Knit Girl in Idaho, a skein of madelinetosh wren in glazed pecan.   I can't wait to start on it.  I really can't wait to see what comes next time!


I was able to finish the cool shrug in Louet Euroflax Linen. I'd post a picture, but it's drying right now.  Instead, I'll give a little sneak peek of the entrelac baby blanket I'm working on for a friend.  I'm about 1/3 of the way done with it.  I love it.  The color looks much better in person.

And for anyone who might be a fan of Etsy, check out Regretsy. Sooooo funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment