Monday, June 14, 2010

OT: Dreams are funny things (with an appearance by Crochet)

I had the craziest dreams over the weekend.

On Saturday night, I dreamt that my sister's dog had died in December and no one told me.  They instead had a weird looking red and verdigris colored lab mix named "Copper."  I was so angry that no one had told me and that I had to find out six months later through a friend of the family.  While I was still in the dream, I knew it was just a dream but couldn't wake up.  I was so upset.  I kept telling myself that it wasn't real and that Newton was just fine and got the confirmation from both my sister and my mom later in the day.
I'm thinking the dream was set up by at least one of the more recent Doctor Who episodes I had seen entitled "Amy's Choice."  In it, the Doctor, Amy and Amy's fiance keep going back and forth between dream states and Amy has to decide which one she wants to preserve.  Don't know where the Newton part came in, but the dream is still shaking me up.  The only good part about it was when I got so angry, I started throwing food at people.  I remember picking up a whole bunch of melon balls and flinging them at my cousin.

The dream I had last night was not as dramatic, but still unsettling.  I've been saying for a while that I'm happy with being single, that I have my friends, and my dog, and my family, and my hobbies.  Having a man in my life would just be an added bonus.  I guess subconsciously I'm not ok with it.  I dreamt that I was dating someone and we were happy.  We were being all cuddly and cute outside an ice cream shop in some city somewhere.  Suddenly a girl who looks like Sofia Vergara (Gloria from Modern Family) fell off her bike in the parking lot.  My guy (don't remember his name) loaded her into his mini (!?) and yelled out the window that he was taking her to the hospital.  I grabbed all our bags - apparently we had gone shopping - and went to chase after him, but he and the chick were nowhere to be found.  I woke up feeling profoundly heartbroken and hurt...and very alone.  UGH.  I HATE feeling like that.

Anyway, if I could've, I'd have just taken a mental health day and stayed home working on my current knitting projects and the crochet coral reef.  I went to a seminar and workshop about the Crochet Coral Reef Project yesterday afternoon.  It's a really cool community art project where fiber artists work on hyperbolic crochet pieces and donate them to the collection, which creates a fiber replica of a coral reef.  The DC community version is being worked on now and will appear in the Smithsonian's Natural History Museum from October 16, 2010 - April 17, 2011.  The best part is that only basic crochet skills are required, other than that, anything goes!  It's a quick and easy way to use up some of my scrap yarns and leftovers from other projects.

I finished the entrelac scarf for Valli and the Oceane (picture) for my Aunt, so those are two big projects that are out of my way.  Of course, I'm about to start on a Presto Change-o for my colleage who's having a baby in September.  I just cast on knitty's Sunday Swing socks in Sweet Georgia Tough Love and have a request for some kind of pink socks for my friend, Abbe, as well as blue socks for my mom.  Busy busy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment