Saturday, February 27, 2010

Home Sweet(?) Home

 got home on Wednesday evening....joy.  I had such a great time in Key West, I wish I could have stayed much much longer.  I even considered making a little investment, except I'm about $880k short.  Some day....if I marry really rich.  The house is great, and right around the corner from Susan's.

I finally got to Knit Wits on Monday - my trip to the Dry Tortugas was postponed to Tuesday because it was very rainy and windy on Monday.  I dropped a pretty penny on 6 hanks of yarn and 2 patterns.  

What I bought:


 Mango Moon Chakra in purple/turquoise.  Because it has beads and stones/sea glass already sewn in, there's not a whole lot that can be done - mostly scarves and such.  I've decided to use the pattern Dropped! from Arlene's World of Lace.  I've used the pattern before, using Louisa Harding Kimono Angora for a child-sized scarf.




Karabella Gossamer in a pink/purple/silver colorway.  It's a mix of mohair and shimmery fibers, which I'm going to used for the pictured pattern, the Gossamer Triangular shawl.  It looks like it'll be a good piece for late spring/summer/early fall, but I have a feeling that it'll be warmer than it looks.


Louet euroflax - 100% wet spun linen in black and lilac.  The owner of Knit Wits, Maxine, had collaborated on a design for a really cute, lacy shawl/vest.  It's basically a large lacy rectangle, and then you sew the corners together lengthwise.  It doesn't really have a name, but they gave me the pattern when I purchased the yarn - though I purchased the yarn to get the pattern. :)  I'm making up the black one first and will probably keep it.  I'll probably make the purple one for my mom or someone.


Oh, and Tuesday's trip to the Dry Tortugas was wonderful.  I got a lot of sun and got to have a day of exploration on my own.  I stood on the bow of the ship for most of the time.  We really flew!





No comments:

Post a Comment