Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Frabjous Day

I know I'm no Alice, but I have slain the Jabberwocky.  And by slain, I mean I finished knitting it.  The yarn is so yummy - Madeline Tosh Wren.  It's 50% Merino wool and 50% silk.  It's incredibly soft and the color, "Glazed Pecan," is lovely. Tanis did a great job of designing the pattern, though there were a couple confusing points.  At the end of the 13th repeat I thought I was at the wrong end for picking up the stitches on the flat edge.  When I realized that I had to bind off the side, it all worked out.  I probably could've done a couple more rows on the flat side, but I didn't want to chance running out of yarn.  

Last night I started my sock class. I didn't realize it, but it's a four-week class.  I've got homework to do the leg down to the heel.  I might see if I can do a little more of it so that I can be ahead.  The things I don't know how to do are the heel turn and the foot shaping.  I'm happy to be using my beautiful Miss Babs Yummy in Roan Mountain Morning.
 I also took a chance and decided to take a chance and filled out a fair isle pattern.  It's going to be a base of blue with white. The detail on the back of the hand will be the Yankee Stadium facade and the NY symbol.  The palm will be pinstripes.  I've got a couple other things I want to finish before casting on, but I've got the yarn all ready! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment