Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth and Promotion news

I'm writing this from sunny Virginia Beach, where I just pissed off my nephew by telling him we couldn't go to Wal-Mart right now.  Unfortunately, he doesn't understand that you can't ask someone to drive you somewhere while she's in the middle of sipping a margarita - especially on July 4 in checkpoint-ville.  Oh well, he'll learn.

I'm definitely sunburnt, having spent a lot of the day yesterday and today outside.  Yesterday, I was in the pool most of the morning, took a nap in the afternoon, then went to Harbor Park for a Tides game and fireworks.  I got to see my friend, Tina, while she was working at the souvenir stand in the park.  The Tides won with a walk-off double by Nolan Reimold.  The fireworks were beautiful, we definitely got our money's worth, and, of course, spent more money on food and stuff than on our tickets.

We had a lazy morning today, while Elizabeth made pancakes and DJ made bacon and *gag*scrapple*gag*.  We went to the beach for about three hours this afternoon.  It was a beautiful day, hot in the sun and cool in the shade.

Tomorrow I'll head home and give Elizabeth a ride up to Stafford so she can spend a week with them.  She gets stuck in the back seat with Rikku because of the airbag, but I don't think she'll mind.

Rikku has been loving the pool, and I think she's gotten Newton to go in more often than he usually does.  It's hard to keep Rikku out and she's worn down all of her nails running on the concrete pool deck.  Poor puppy.  She is definitely resting well, though!

I finished one of my Sunday Swing socks yesterday.  I'm anxious to get home to block it with my new sock blockers.  The other one is on the needles and is a few stitches into the first pattern repeat.  I had to take it easy with the knitting the past couple days because I had slept on my arm weird at one point and my hand and forearm were aching a lot.


I need to do some work on the baby sweater for Lynn.  I can't wait to see what it's like when I'm done!!!!

7/11/10 ETA: PS: My friend, Greer, pointed out that I had forgotten to include the promotion news!  I have been promoted to Senior Associate at Arc Aspicio as of July 1.  It came with a nice pay raise and, as yet, not much change in responsibility. :)  It's great to work for a company that recognizes employees for working their tails off!

No comments:

Post a Comment